The Youth Piano Scholarship Fund is established to encourage piano study by dedicated K-12 students in Dane County, WI, with priority given to grades 7-12 and to students with financial need. The fund is intended to support their continuous progress on the piano leading to lifelong enjoyment on the instrument and/or to professional engagement.
The following are the types of areas of study to be supported by the scholarship funds:
- Piano Technique
- Piano Pedagogy
- Piano Performance
- Ear Training
- Music Theory and Composition in diverse styles
- Music History (piano compositions and/or keyboard instrument development)
- Knowledge and application of musical interpretation and/or improvisation
This grant is made possible through the generosity and recommendation of donor Lisa Luedtke as a component fund at the Madison Community Foundation. A committee of the Madison Area Music Educators (MAME) selects the recipient(s) and awards the Youth Piano Scholarship.
Details and Deadlines
- The amount of the 2023 scholarship fund is $1,000. It is the committee’s discretion
whether the full scholarship will be awarded to one recipient or a number of recipients.
- The deadline to apply for the 2023 scholarship is Monday, May 1, 2023.
- Recipients will be selected by June 1, 2023. Monies will be distributed by June 20, 2023.
- Recipients are encouraged to send a personalized thank you letter or card to the fund donor.
- Application information is available here.