October is right around the corner which means every MAME and Non-MAME instructor has an excellent opportunity to plan and partake in the awesome Performers Playtogether (PPT)!
1. Rehearsals/Performance Dates
- First Rehearsal: Sunday Oct 13 Early afternoon Heid Music
- Dress Rehearsal: Saturday Oct 19 9:00-4:00PM Mitby Theater, Madison College
- PPT Performance: Sunday Oct 20 2:00-3:30PM Mitby Theater, Madison College
- All rehearsals are MANDATORY. Students or teachers missing any rehearsal will not be permitted to perform. There are no refunds.
2. Registration Dates/Fees
- Pre-Registration-no payment: Postmarked by: 6/27/2019
- Click HERE for the Pre-Registration Form.
- Priority Registration with payment: Postmarked by: 8/29/2019
- Click HERE for the Final Registration Form
- Cost per MAME student: $25
- Cost per Non-MAME student: $35
- Final Call Registration: Postmarked by: 9/13/2019
- Late Reg Fee: MAME student $35. Applies to Reg forms received after 8/29
- Late Reg Fee: Non-MAME student $40. Applies to Reg forms received after 8/29
3. Volunteer Tasks
Volunteer tasks are Mandatory for participating instructors. Teachers who miss a volunteer task will not be permitted to perform/participate.
- Click HERE for the Volunteer Form.
4. The Benefits of Participation in the PPT
- Ensemble work makes practice more fun!
- Students learn how to follow a leader by watching a conductor.
- Students and teachers develop friendships which are priceless!
5. Repertoire List
- Our theme is “Music We Love” and the list couldn’t be more student friendly/popular! Please download the list by clicking HERE. Heid Music will have a folder of this music for review in a 3 ring binder. We will email everyone once the binder is ready to be viewed. Please remember that Ward Brodt may also be used to order music.
6. Exciting twists!
- We are featuring Soloists this year. Students interested in Fur Elise, the Lady Gaga Fugue, and possibly other pieces, may have an opportunity to be featured at PPT 2019. If we receive several inquiries, we’ll hold an audition. To reiterate, featured performers will be expected to be polished by the first rehearsal on Oct 13.
Co-Chairs: Lana Robotewskyj, Debbie Yee, and Shad Wenzlaff