This policy statement is intended as a guide and a support for each teacher’s own business policy statement.
- MAME members maintain their studios in an ethical manner and on a strictly business basis. Each teacher has a written policy that is clearly stated and communicated to students and parents and is adhered to consistently.
- The number, type, and length of lessons given within the fee period is stated.
- Make up lessons are given at the discretion of the teacher.
- Additional fees for books and special events are explained.
- Billing procedures are clearly explained.
- Students who enroll are expected to complete a period designated by the teacher. A 30-day notice to the teacher is expected before discontinuing lessons. MAME recommends that the student’s family be responsible for tuition through this 30-day period.
- Performance opportunities are provided. Ample notification of dates, times, and expectations regarding participation is given.